March 5, 2013

Delicious Love Dinner

I am the luckiest girl in the world.  Why, you ask?  Because on February 14th, I came home from work to this:


As I mentioned, Valentine's Day marked 5 years since Shep popped the question.  While the "day of Cupid" will always have a special place in my heart because of our engagement story, this year's Valentine's Day surprise dinner was one I'll never forget!  Shep really outdid himself with the incredible gourmet dinner he prepared for me as a surprise!  I mean it when I say that the delicious meal my hubby prepared rivaled those we enjoyed at several Michelin-starred restaurants in Paris.  Seriously... I do NOT joke about food!

The delectable menu consisted of:

Bacon Biscuits
{Recipe Inspiration}
Chicken Cordon Bleu with Mustard Wine Sauce
{Recipe Inspiration}
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
{Recipe Inspiration}
and steamed asparagus {although unfortunately it looks like I didn't got a solo shot of the greens so please use your imagination!}.

Because I'm apparently obsessed with food photography, let's take a look at the whole plate ensemble {<--- imagine me pronouncing that word with a really bad French accent}, shall we?


And here's a view of the set table... fancy wedding china and all!  Très magnifique!!!

{click photo to enlarge}
{Cutest. Waiter. EVER.}

... and because no meal is complete without dessert...

Chocolate & Nutella-dipped Strawberries with Crunchies
{Recipe Inspiration}

Thank you, Chef Shep, for one of the most delicious meals
I've had the pleasure of eating in my entire life!
Just so you know though, the bar is set realllllllly high now for a repeat performance.  ;)

So, readers, is your mouth watering yet???  Mine sure is!  I wish we still had some leftovers to enjoy!  I guess the photos will have to hold me over for now...

1 comment:

  1. So Shep, what are you and Uncle Chick making for Easter? :-)

    ReplyDelete